Wisteria (Glycines) problem.

Ford Anglia

We put one in last February. By Easter it was growing well, and during April, I watered it daily, being in France on my own. It had tendrils for climbing, and I put up some wires to support it.

We left the house during summer for 4-5 weeks. When we got back the tendrils had died, the plant looked ill.

This year it STARTED to recover, then the leaves yellowed, and NO tendrils, no good growth.

The other shrubs we put in at the same time, (Jericho's Trumpets), did very litttle growth last year, but are doing well THIS year.

Is it suffering from water lack? It's against a wall, in open ground, but the house DOES overhang, although the o/h is 20 feet up. However, two OTHER shrubs under the same overhang are doing really well.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Overwatered? I don't think so, it did FAR better on a watering can full per day, it was summer that did for it, apparently.

The wall it's on faces SE, but is shaded by a walnut tree for part of the day. Possible problem, then if it wants FULL sun?

Just seen this after my reply to the previous thread.

All I can say is that our potted one (albeit a quite large pot, SW facing), needs a daily bucketful at this time of the year, else it starts to look a bit sad.