When is a greenhouse moveable?

Chris

I seem to remember that permission is not needed for a structure that is moveable/portable, but what is the definition of a structure that can be moved? Clearly my new garage needs permission, not least because its going on a concrete base(!), but what about these……?

I have two plastic tunnels 8ftx10ft: the only floor will be a layer of membrane, and the supports won’t be concreted in – are these moveable, since two people could pick one up and simply walk away with it?

I have a polycarbonate 6ft x 8ft greenhouse, which will have a floor of gravel over membrane – it could be carried away as easily as a tunnel once you pull out the ground pegs: moveable? Or fixed and therefore requiring permission?

And I have a couple of glass greenhouses – you’d need to take the glass out (which might take 4 hours), but then the frame could be moved just as easily as any of the other structures: moveable, or not?  

I’m trying to do the right thing, but equally I don’t want to be making pointless applications for permission for things that don’t need them! Anybody got any experience of how these rules work please?

See http://www.urbanisme.equipement.gouv.fr/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=115 then click on whatever you want to know about, in this case 'j'installe une véranda, des châssis, une serre' which takes you to

http://www.urbanisme.equipement.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/11._Fiche_veranda_cle27b5c7.pdf

et voilà! you'll find simple diagrams.

For the garage, which application you make depends on how big it is. If you're not in a protected area of any kind (check at your Mairie, it's the only way to be sure) for a building 2 - 20m2 it's a Déclaration Préalable', over 20m2 it's a permis de construire you'll need

• 4 weeks later...
The answer to your question about moving a greenhouse. That's why the French love tall hedges or they cover that awful wire in green plastic. They can then do what they like and nobody can see what they are doing. [:D]