"House Hunt in France" on ITV1, Tuesday 30th at 3pm English time, 4pm France time

Such snobbery Norman,

I think i'd rather spend a night in the company of "Dolly" and "Dell Boy" than the likes of the snobby, falsely superior feeling, "And what size pool do YOU have " Brits that frequent our local french bar on a friday night.

God bless Dolly and Barbara !!!!

Mel.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly recovery from jaundice is greatly exaggerated Norm, 
More Rose I suggest[geek]

One evening I sat Beauty on my knees – And I found her bitter – And I reviled her."
Life is the farce we are all forced to endure."
The only unbearable thing is that nothing is unbearable."  Arthur Rimbaud

15 greatest writers who were alcoholics.

1. Ernest Hemingway
2. James Joyce
3. F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. Charles Bukowski
5. William Faulkner
6. Jack Kerouac
7. Truman Capote
8. Edgar Allen Poe
9. Dorothy Parker
10. Dylan Thomas
11. Tennessee Williams
12. O. Henry
13. John Cheever
14. Raymond Chandler
15. Hunter Thompson

We've met a few wide boys here over the years - bags of wind most of them with the lies they tell about their former UK lives and businesses especially when you see the grotty properties they have bought for their retirement. If they were that good, they wouldn't be here wanting to spend as little as possible to make a place habitable. Never met any dumb blondes though that havn't had the help of some peroxide.

What different lives we have lived Val2, no retirees or those that made a yuppee mint and moved to France on the back of that. No anglais trades people working on the 'black' or 'white' come to think. Although we did have some rogue artisans, or just bad ones around and some very good ones, but purely french. No cheap properties where anyone would really want to live either, although there were some, but the wise, would not.

It is often hard for me to understand other regions really. I do believe I would not like having any sort of expat community in the vicinity. And some regions, well, over the years it felt that some regions I would likely never visit, too many brits, or simply the impression that they were very poor depopulated regions which was off putting in itself, so if the population was replaced by brits, even worse for me.

It isn't as if  I don' t have british friends in France, I do, but we were scattered and fair old drive to see one another which could be as frequently as three or four times a year, or maybe every few years and that suited all of us.

[quote user="NormanH"]But what perfectly ghastly sorts of people seem to be buying  in France now.
Wide boys and their Barbara Windsor molls.
I met a couple last week well worse for wear on jugs of rosé who didn't know the difference between Rimbaud and Rambo...[:-))]
Why don't they stick to Spain?
[/quote]

Or that Frescobaldi wasn't a man who'd recently lost his hair?

Apologies to anyone who doesn't get this but I am just having a little dig at Norman [;-)]