Japanese Maple

Doodle

Do you not have a good  pepinieriste near you in Mayenne?   They will dig up trees and shrubs from the bare earth in late Oct/Nov for replanting.

Try the yellow pages, or the online Pages Jaunes to see.

I know a good one in the Vendee called Boutin;  they probably would send stuff, but I know it's nice to be able to go and see what you're getting for yourself

Angela.

Thanks Loiseau,

I have just realised that next sunday (25th) is the Art & Jardin fair at Ceauce - very near to us and usually there are quite a few pepiniers there from the Mayenne and Lower Normandy regions so I may find what I'm looking for there or at least a contact. I also need a replacement thuya, about three reasonable sized conifer bushes and some box and all would have to be delivered as I don't have a trailer and the boot of our car is too small.

I will also check out Pages Jaunes - thanks for the reminder as PJ never occurs to me !

Chris

Hi,

I have just reviewed the Briant catalogue on my Gardener in France blog which may be helpful. I agree though, that in spite of the retail price of things in Frence, you need somewhere to take them back if it all goes wrong. Both garden centres and many of the on-line shops guarantee their plants while some nurseries do not: soemthing to watch out for.

Colin