Veg Patch and Pool Water

pip24

I have small blow up pool. I have used cholrine tablets to keep the water clear. When the time comes to replenish the water will it be O.K. to use the water on the veg patch without adverse effects?

Has anyone had experience or got any advice on this.

I bet you don't eat the grass though.  [;-)]

Seriously though, I wonder if the chemical content of the pool water has any effect on vegetables and their subsequent human consumption.

Many people let this water drain into the ground where it eventually enters the natural water courses, in some places this is very much sooner than expected. In fact there's often no other choice, like with rainwater, as you can't suddenly flood a village water treatment plant with several cubic metres of water without causing panic.

Seriously, I doubt it. Pool water is generally as clean as tap water, cleaner sometimes.  The sanitiser content is very low and gets broken down very quickly after some minor sanitising of the soil which would involve killing some bacteria but there will be millions of other bacteria around to feed off the dead and replace the fallen. The tiny amount of salt left over wouldn't harm anything unless you had plants that require a special soil setup and it's doubtful you would use fresh tap water on those either as that would contain a similar sanitiser.  In some multi action gallets there is copper sulphate (seen as little blue flecks) that has the same potency as the slug pellets you use but again so dilute roughly 0.8ppm that it is less than a multivitamin pill and about twice that of bottled mineral water.  The Cyanuric acid compound is just carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen and oxygen so again it will break down without issue and even some of the very high CYA figures at 200ppm is still relatively weak and was made from Urea (sweat/urine) albeit in a laboratory [:)].