WANTED !!! Organised New Years Eve break

Hi!! To you both,  It is all this french language that seems to be taking over my life.  I meant by: official !!  One that was being organised by either gite, Hotel or B&B , ownwers, rather then friends or local villagers coming together just for the night.  We have had one being offered which falls in line with this ie; An English club that organises social functions throughout the year are having a sing along and later dancing on the evening and have invited us ( Through the net ) to join them but there is no accommodation being offered.

At the moment there is only my wife and myself although we have had 2 other couples who are friends who have shown interest.

Regards Les Favets

www.ruralfranceholidays.com

Cor I'm almost tempted to open.  We were thinking of opening for New Year and offering a 2 night package for 3 or 4 couples with a big seafood extravaganza on New Year's Eve but have decided to leave it for this year to alleviate the pressure of getting the dining room done in time.  We'll probably do it next year though[:D]

Xmas and New Year are well worth opening for. We did our advertising in September and are full for both. We worked out the markup by looking at people who have been doing this a while. We do ours as all inclusive including transport, trips out, village party tickets and trad xmas lunch and charge 150 Euros per day per person. For new year we take the guests to a big resteraunt with a dance, they get a 7 course meal and all they can drink. As I said we are full for both. Lot of work but it will pay for our holiday in Jan, somewhere hot and nice.

Why not try what we are doing....... Book somewhere, arrive, pop down to the local supermarket, buy beer, food and a bottle of champagne, knock on hosts door and invite them to celebrate the New Year avec vous....................also, maybe buy some 'Now Much Cheaper' fireworks, and after seeking permission from the owners, have a little display at midnight for yourself and any passing locals.

voila.................

There again, host may already have made plans that don't include you and there may not be any passing locals.  I thought Le Flavets wanted something organised for the very reason that he didn't want to be alone and presumably wanted someone else to do the work, ie cooking etc.  This option leaves much too much to chance and who's going to cook dinner?!?

• 2 weeks later...

What a pity I seem to have missed the boat in one reply and will have to keep my eye open for next years possibility with another and you hit the nail on the head Coco, we didn't want to be alone for New Years Eve it would not be natural .  Thank you for all your replies and hope that someone else comes on site to add their suggestions

Regards Les Favets

www.ruralfranceholidays.com