B&B TO STAY IN THE 36 REGION (CHATEAUROUX) AREA

dave

We will be coming back from hols in early July and i im looking for a b&b to stay  in for one night, and am looking for one in or close to Chateauroux.One room for myself and my wife.I look forward to hearing from you.

We would also be looking for one in or around laval or Le Mans in early July again for one night.

We do a lot of one nighters due to our location (effectively at a crossroads N-S en route to the  ports and E-W Paris to the coast) but obviously longer stays are preferred and, thank God, we'ver got a good number of longer stays booked for summer this year. 

Gites de France told us that officially they don't allow members to impose a minimum length of stay, but there are ways around this, of course [;-)].

[quote user="Wilko"]

Dave

You might find that the problem is wanting 1 night in high season. In July we have a minimum booking of 4 nights.

Rgds Wilko

[/quote]

Wow, you must be confident, or in an excellent location!!!  There's loads to do around here, being midway between Mont St Michel, Bayeux, the D-Day beaches and other just lovely sandy beaches, but I only ever dare say minimum 2 nights!  Good luck to you though [:D]

Hi Coco

We are in Provence, in our second season. We found that it was counter productive to take 1, 2 nights early in the season as this compromised longr bookings which come in later. If we get a request for say 2 nights in January for a stay in June and we point out that we have a minimum stay of 4 nights around 50% of people mail back and ask for 4 nights and sometimes more. We take the 2 nighters later in the season to fill the gaps between longer stays.

Thanks for your good wishes, I hope that we all have a "Good Year"

If it is of interest our site www.maspomona.com

Best Wilko

Your place looks beautiful Wilko and of course being in Provence now explains why you can probably say min 4 nights and your explanation that you say that at this time of year but will fill the gaps later makes much more sense.  We now do much the same, after finding that due to inexperience in our first couple of years I thought that any booking was a good booking and then discovered that come May or June I lost out on lots of 4, 5 or even 7 night requests for August because I had taken too many one night bookings preventing the longer stays.