How did you choose your B & B name!

[quote user="Barbel Bob"]

Any ideas or help would be welcome!

We would like something French but easy for our English friends and guests to remember!

How did you choose yours?

Bob

[/quote]

Barbel Bob's B & B

sound's good to me!

Can't really remember why, but we thought three syllables was good, and also wanted the French name for a bird, any bird really, so we went through a list of bird names in French, saw Le Pic Vert, and added it to a short list.  Then we saw several green woodpeckers flying over the house after we bought it, and also realised the double meaning of the name was particularly apt as we're surrounded by green peaks, so Le Pic Vert it was.  Unusually unanimous vote of 2-0 in favour.

Three syllables, in French, although pretty easy for other nationalities to pronounce and remember, describes two features of the locale, and is also the name of an English cider, which for me, coming from Hereford, was naturally vital.  Voila, perfect.

[:)]

[quote user="Breton Networks"]

We live in a small Breton hamlet called Rubertel & while not ready to accept guests for another month, are thinking of just calling our B & B (& Gite) Rubertel.

Is this a good idea ?

[/quote]

We did this back when our hamlet had no road signs. A few years later the commune apparently had money to spare, erected signs, and despite very clear directions many of our guests go up the drive next to the hamlet name sign!

[quote user="Breton Networks"]

We live in a small Breton hamlet called Rubertel & while not ready to accept guests for another month, are thinking of just calling our B & B (& Gite) Rubertel.

Is this a good idea ?

Regards

[/quote]

If I was anywhere in Europe I would have a good guess what "Breton Networks "did and where they did it .

I would not be able to paint the same picture in my mind of "Rubertel Gite"

Breton hamlet sounds much nicer.

Kind regards,

Leo