regulations where

Hi

There was an earlier thread discussing the regs re no smoking signs and displaying prices both inside and outside the property, can't seem to find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

ThanKs

Wilko

R/House

Thanks for that but the one I'm thinkiing/dreaming of was much more expansive. I think that Quillan was a major contributor !

PS Neither of your links would load from the email ??

Rgds

Wilko

Ah someone call me [:D]

RH's link does work, I just tried it. The only discussion I remember about CDH and smoking was when there was a general thread about the smoking ban in France and somebody mentioned that CDH may also be covered. I have to say I don't know if it is banned in CDH's as I have no information. Neither have I looked for it as we only allow smoking on the terrace so nothing has changed. There is a chap called Cassis who may know more on this subject.

With regards to prices, if you can get RH's link to work you will find the information but just in case I shall plagiarise some info for you from other threads.

"(Original Post by - Jo Taylor) Breakfasts must be included in the price of the accommodation.

As Quillan says, it's the law - this one:

Article D324-13

Créé par Décret n°2007-1173 du 3 août 2007 - art. 1 () JORF 4 août 2007

L'activité de location de chambres d'hôtes mentionnée à l'article L. 324-3 est la fourniture groupée de la nuitée et du petit déjeuner. Elle est limitée à un nombre maximal de cinq chambres pour une capacité maximale d'accueil de quinze personnes. L'accueil est assuré par l'habitant.

They can be fined for not complying. You could report them to the relevant Comité Départemental du Tourisme."

For the rules and regs which also includes info for TDH as well......

"(Original Post by - Cassis) <You> can consult legal status and requirements of a chambres d'hotes by following this link.

http://www.inforeg.ccip.fr/Ouverture-et-exploitation-de-chambres-d-hotes-fiche-67-7148.html "

Hope this helps.

CdH bedrooms aren't covered by the smoking ban any more than bedrooms in hotels.  Funny, when it comes to the smoking ban, hotel rooms are regarded as "un lieu privé".

But when it comes to TV licences and SACEM, the Commission Européenne decided that a hotel room is "un lieu public et donc redevable du versement à la

SACEM en cas de présence d'une TV". 

France, eh?

I have no idea about the common areas like the dining room in a B&B.  We only allow smoking outside so it's never been an issue to concern us.

To get an answer I've posted a question here http://dnf.asso.fr/-Questions-reponses-.html .

If I get a reply I'll let you know.

I would have thought that as a CdH is essentially staying in a person's private home, then the smoking ban would not apply. If the proprietor of the property is a smoker, who smokes in the house, then you can't expect visitors not to smoke inside either!

[quote user="Rob Roy"]I would have thought that as a CdH is essentially staying in a person's private home, then the smoking ban would not apply. [/quote]

Your logic flies in the face of everything French. [:)]

• 2 weeks later...
Interesting response on this (obviously anti-smoking) website.

http://dnf.asso.fr/Le-proprietaire-de-chambres-d.html?var_recherche=chambres%20d%27hotes

I've asked a supplementary question:

[quote]GA constate:

"Le

propriétaire de chambres d’hôtes est tenu d’afficher le principe de

l’interdiction de fumer dans son établissement et de le faire

respecter.  S’il déroge à ces obligations, il est passible d’une amende

de 135 Euros et s’il incite ses clients à fumer dans les parties

communes, par exemple en mettant des cendriers à leur disposition, il

est passible d’une amede de 750 Euros."

Evidemment, les chambres

d'hôtes sont dans une maison privée.  Est-ce que ça veut dire que le

propriétaire n'est pas permis de fumer dans les parties communes de sa

propre maison?

Pouvez-vous m'indiquer le texte de la loi en question?

[/quote]

Just to check.