Scam ?? !!

Hi,

Got these two requests, the same enquiry but from different people, anyone had the same, it all seems a bit suspect to me ???

Hello,

Kindly confirm the availbility of either 2 double rooms or 4 single rooms for 4 people (Adult). We are coming on a 10 day sponsored Programme in your place.

Arrival Date: 15th July, 2011

Departure Date: 25th July, 2011

Number of Nights 10Nights.

Send the total cost in Euros of our stay for 10nights, for our considerations

Please note that an alternative date might be considered by the group.

Best regards,

Dr. Alex Cole.

Hello,

Kindly confirm the availbility of either 2 double rooms or 4 single rooms for 4 people (Adult). We are coming on a 10 day sponsored Programme in your place.

Best regards,

Dr. Steve Johnson.

What a cheek !!!

Mel.

Bin 'em! They've all the hallmarks of a scam and after a few months of being open you'll be used to the many variations on this theme, plus the ones in French from holiday makers on the Ivory Coast desperate for a long stay in 'your place'.

Jan

Hi,

As suggested ..................straight in the bin !!

At least we're getting lots of other real booking enquiries, and very pleased as this is our first year.

Can I just say Thank you to everyone that has answered questions and offered us very helpful and useful advice about our newly opened Chambres D'Hotes in the past year and especially the last few months................I love this forum. :)

We both really appreciate it.

Kind Regards Mel.

[quote user="connolls"]

Hello,

Best regards,

Dr. Steve Johnson.[/quote]

Gosh, this man certainly gets around. He must have lots of dosh as he takes loads of holidays. [;-)]

Our local 2*hotel asked me to confirm that their translation of Dr Steve's email was correct, at which point I said that his name seemed familiar and, after researching, told them that it was a scam. They were bemused but, fortunately, had not replied to his request.

Sue

Usually if they give you a date ,then say ,but any date will do! I kept one going for a while with offers of transport to the conference venue as our place is so isolated,but of course they were reluctant to do this and only keen on sending the over-priced cheque. They gave up before I did!

W Rat