Laws on B&B Signage

Is anybody aware of the laws/regulations on placing B&B signs at the entrance to your driveway or close by? We see this all the time in the UK and there are local council requirements to observe. We are planning to offer B&B and need to consider the point for France.

Thanks.

There are rules but it is years since I put mine up. I had to go to the DDE to get permission via a form they gave me to complete. There is something about distance from the road (two or three metres, I can't remember exactly) as well should the road not be private. I would speak to your mayor as things may have changed.

[quote user="Quillan"]There are rules but it is years since I put mine up. I had to go to the DDE to get permission via a form they gave me to complete. There is something about distance from the road (two or three metres, I can't remember exactly) as well should the road not be private. I would speak to your mayor as things may have changed.[/quote]

Please please Q, remove this thread immediatly and ban anybody talking about signs in France, or we'll have the idiot from another forum ranting at us all and blocking this forum up with his diatribes. [:D][:D]

I put 2 signs up on the road and got the backing of the marie before doing so... they allowed me to put it there for free and I made sure it was sufficiently set back.

I had another sign requested to be removed as it was more than 5 km from the hotel... actually, I dont think anyone was bothered but they have just done major road works where it was and it must have been in the way.

btw: you can get cheap/free signs from vistaprint if you wait for there freebe offers.  Otherwise I have just been quoted 90€/m2 HT for printing on a metal board; extra if you want to add some metal supports.

oh and.. I was told you can have a max of 4 signs with a max size allowance... I think 1m*1.5m....

[quote user="NickP"]

[quote user="Quillan"]There are rules but it is years since I put mine up. I had to go to the DDE to get permission via a form they gave me to complete. There is something about distance from the road (two or three metres, I can't remember exactly) as well should the road not be private. I would speak to your mayor as things may have changed.[/quote]

Please please Q, remove this thread immediately and ban anybody talking about signs in France, or we'll have the idiot from another forum ranting at us all and blocking this forum up with his diatribes. [:D][:D]

[/quote]

I know it's off subject but I read in another thread he has a restaurant. I wonder if he has signs for it? [6]