Valance for large beds

Iceni

Not specifically for Gites but I thought that this was the best place to post this. We are looking for valances for beds of 5 ft and 6ft widths. Before we start off and ask friends to buy them from the UK for us, does anyone know if they can be bought in France easily and what size should I be looking for.

I am also looking for bedspeads for the above sized beds. I really would like to buy them in France as a fast replacement if an emergency arises is easier.

I have never seen a valence here, either to buy or on a bed, except ours.  I haven't looked here for years. It seemed to me that they were being used less in the UK these days with bed styles changing to a certain extent.

Bed spreads are available and catalogues like La Redoute and Les  Suisses often have a decent selection. As do places like Nouvelle Galeries and other big dept stores. There are small shops that sell luxory bedding around, but the prices they charge are way beyond my budget.

18-20 months ago I had a similar problem. I had been tasked by 'er indoors' to buy enough bedding to cope with 3 changovers on 6 beds (not all the same size).

Bedspreads (in my northern UK vernacular) and other stuff were available at Auchan or local cheap shops.

But the vast bulk of the bedding, including valances, bedspreads and pillow cases of various sizes, were available at really cheap prices/good hotel quality at Metro. In the UK we know Metro as Makro and yes the UK card works in Metro France. (Be bullish mon amis, Vous avez une enterprise au metier Hotel).

Pardon my crap French.