How many sunloungers??

Jongleurs

Hello Everyone

Just setting up some new holiday rentals for this year and am unsure as to how many sunloungers we should offer.

To give you an idea of accommodation ...... there are 3 houses in total; one that sleeps 8 adults/3 children, and two that each sleep 6 adults.  We will of course be providing tables and chairs for both the patio and pool areas. 

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

difficult to say really, if all three gites were fully booked at the same time then I imagine you might need to provide one sun-lounger per adult otherwise it could be a touch of the "beach towels at dawn syndrome".

That does sound like a lot of loungers to purchase and store.

What do others think?

Gill

Too many around a pool and it can become pretty messy and cluttered plus it can become difficult for movement around the pool, so unless you have a rather large area for the loungers, keep it mimimal

At our previous place, we used to have around 60 persons on site (possibly more on occasions) and we found around 12 or so was sufficient, people tend to stay an hour or two, some more, almost all day but if you are in an interesting area, then many will be taking days out.

Not all (by a long chalk) use the pool at the same time. If you have 20 persons on site, you should need around 8-10. If all are there at the same time (pretty rare) then towels to lie on are what some people prefer anyway. As for kids using them, well respect for their elders and just like buses, give them up to the oldies around the pool

I have to say, this is our experience over the years and perhaps others prefer more around their pool, we didn't and in no way was it financial but purely practical and please do remember this;

Pay as much as you can afford and keep away from the supermarket promos which fold up etc, they are pure rubbish and an accident and breakage waiting to happen. Guests will not respect their weakness as you might.

Go for the good marques, especially ones that stack on each other when not in use and have no moving parts plus two strong wheels at the front for movability. This sort will repay you with years of use and you will very glad in the end to have paid out more than you wanted to pay, especially when friends have packed theirs off to the dechetterie, whilst yours are still going strong !!

Hi

Yes Miki is right about quality of sunloungers.  Some of the regulars may remember my desperate postings last summer as my bargain sunloungers were collapsing round my guests.  I had one left by the end of the season and most did not last one week.  Needless to say I was unable to get a refund either so will  not be going down that road again.

Carole S  (16)

Some really good advice here - thank you everyone.  Now I have the quantity sorted has anyone any recommendations to make and model.  Had read your previous posting Carole about cheap/poor quality sunloungers so plan to 'fork out' and get something that lasts.  Any views on teak loungers?  Have loads of storage so no problems there and plan to get teak tables and chairs for the gardens but unsure whether to get the loungers as well  - bearing budget in mind!

Hi

You mention budget and are buying teak?  Why?? It costs lots, weighs tons, needs oiling, gets confused with pub garden furniture, probably not typique, and is an endangered species, it probably doesn't come from a renewable resource, whatever they say.

Wilko

• 1 month later...

I have taken on board all your comments about quality and would love to buy the stacking, no moving parts, two wheels at the front types mentioned but cannot find them anywhere! I appreciate that its out of season but i have guests coming in March and need to buy 10 loungers before then.

Can anybody offer any ideas as to where i might get such loungers as you all recommend?

thanks in advance

Maria