Accepting Dogs

Boiling a frog

We have had an enquiry from some people who wish to rent gite for next summer We take dogs but they have 5 they wish to bring

We normally do not charge for dogs but it is usually only 1 perhaps 2 never 5

What do we do

Refuse the booking

Accept the booking

Accept but charge an extra 250 euros per week

Accept as above ie 250 euros and also increase security deposit to 1000 euros

I am inclined to not accept the booking if that is my decision are there any gite owners prepared to take 5 dogs and I will pass their details on

If it was us we would definitely refuse the booking.  If you

decide to accept it you need to make sure that you are covered - at the

least there is bound to be a lot of extra cleaning and there may be

quite a lot of damage depending on the style of your property and the

space.  I would advise both an increase in rate and in deposit -

but we don't even take one dog (even though we have 2 of our own).

Refuse! Goodness me I have 3 dogs but we don't accept dogs in our gite full stop (though IMHO kids cause more mess and damage and I am thinking of banning kids and accepting dogs!) Why is someone wanting to bring 5? I can appreciate perhaps if they are on their way to a show or competition with 5 dogs but on holiday? In France? They must be mad or very rich!

I took a booking this year for a couple with two dogs for a fortnight. The dogs were lovely, well behaved Golden Labradors. The owners cleaned up any mess from the garden and the dogs played happily with my own dog. BUT, I will NEVER take a booking with dogs again….the reason….the dog hairs……..even though I cleaned the house thoroughly after they left, I was still vacuuming dogs hairs two weeks later.

for somene too bring 5 dogs on holiday they are probably sensible dog owners, they will find it difficult to rent a gite with 5 dogs, beeing a dog owner is often a sever handicap you cant do this you cant go there no dogs wait outside. and what does the dog do to deserve this he is faithfull, he adores his owner, he is a loyal friend and is more than happy to be curled up next to the fire. accept the booking be dog friendly yes explain that you will need to increase your security deposit in case of added damages charging extra for the dogs may put off a customer who will be good publicity to your dog friendly business just an opinion from an old dog that likes nothing better than to travel with the family he loves wuff