building a chalet!..state/community assistance??

scarfish

Hi forum fans,

Would like to thank you all for your responses on my other thread in this section.

I'm soon to be building a "chalet de loisirs" on my land, with sole use intended for tourism, weekly rentals. I heard a rumour and wondered, are any of you aware of state or community, or even tourist board financial assistance, or eventual %  re-emboursment, with the construction costs of this kind of project?

regards to all...[;-)]

Thanks you 2 for your responses..

Russethouse...It depends on your location then?...I'm in the Cote d'or, near Dijon.     (have you recently changed your user name...? remember your photo from my 1st thread, so do you make that pottery then?)

Cheers Hoddy, was unaware of that kind of help.. thought it came from the Conseil General.

K, cheers...in fact, spoke to my maire today, he told me assisance to a max of 35% of the cost of construction (excl tva) can be possible, as long as the right steps are taken, and in the right order too. The "batiment" needs to be declared as a gite, not a chalet, then inspected and accepted by a gite organisation..(may have been gites de France), who then seem to aquire a lengthy control access ... Seems at a glance to be a potentiel can of worms..