fake or not fake?

glacier1

(me:  I've had this email sent to me, it's not good English and I'm worried that this is a anarac, what do you guys think?  I smell something fishy!)

HAPPY WEEKEND

GOOD DAY TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

I AM HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT YOUR ( RESERVATIONS ) AS I WILL BE TRAVELING TO FRANCE ON A 20 YEARS WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TRIP WITH MY WIFE AND I NEED SOME WHERE TO STAY IN FRANCE.

I WILL BE ARRIVING ON AUGUST 15 / 8 /2009 AND WILL BE LEAVING ON AUGUST 29 / 8 / 2009

I WILL APPRECIATE YOU TO SEND ME AN EMAIL AND GIVE ME YOUR PRICE LIST FOR MY RESERVATIONS FOR TWO WEEKS FOR 2 PEOPLE .

I WILL BE WAITING TO READ BACK FROM YOU TODAY IN ENGLISH.

MR. JOHN THOMAS.

Why use capital letters?

Faults in English.

No mail address given - or other points of contact (yes, I know "he" asks to be contacted by email,  but most genuine enquirers would put in some other form of contact.

Useful comment about email address also.

I'd be suspicious.

Pfffffffffffffffffff, joke of the century....yes, anaraque [:P]

The guy did put an email address, but I didn't copy/paste it, but the mistakes in the email were too much to be ignored.  I'm curious as to how these people profit from people like us by sending requests for pricing and bookings......what is their next step if you contact them?

I sold my car a few months ago, encountered a few of these "people" and they really annoyed me, some of the telephone numbers provided were "cote ivoire"