Brittany / Normandy Border - Someone to install flue lining and cap chimney

HappyExPat

The forum is somewhat strict on personal recommendations but here I have no financial relationship with someone that I could highly recommend save for the fact that he did a superb job for me.

However before doing so may I ask are you supplying the wood burner? and thus all the artisan is expected to do is to fit the stainless steel flexible tubing plus all associated connections plus the chapeau?

Again is the wood burner green? the reason for this is that you currently obtain 40% tax allowances but the provider of the wood burner must be recognised and will have to give an attestation.  We obtained 40% saving on tax allowances quite recently but the attestation included both the burner and the insert.  I am not sure what the position is if you supply the burner and someone else the insert.

Finally you say on the Brittany/Normandy border is that to say perhaps south of Avranches or thereabouts.  The reason I ask is that as you can appreciate if an artisan is only fitting the flu the major profit is in the wood burner and therefore distance is a consideration.  Surely and if my understanding is correct there must be a local artisan who could fit the flu?

In any event if you pm me I will gladly let you have the detail

Try your local quincaillerie. Ours supplied and fitted a woodburner (free fitting and a good discount on the price as well). Whether they would provide a paid fitting service if they weren't making the profit from the woodburner as well I don't know, but it may be worth asking.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I don,t know if they will travel that far but there is a Villager Dealer/Installer in the North of 56 near Ploermel. I cannot personally recommend them but I have seen alot of recomendations for them. Email me if you want their address

Ian