Gate opens which way?

Jackie

Ok I guess my question about the pipe was too difficult or may be I had answered it myself!

Someone else has just told me that the gate in the pool fence should open outwards and not inwards, is this true and if it is true what is the thinking behind this? ..........................John

Thanks for the info.......poo!.......I will have to take it off and reverse it I guess, by the way what spring? The gate was supposed to be to the required standard!! So maybe it is and does not need a spring but it does not close by itself......John not Jackie.

Ok I had wrongly assumed it was only those pools used by more than one family that had to have a self-closing gate so thanks for the gen. I have since communicated with the supplier, who, like Andrew (PG), has been most helpful, and it looks as if I have mounted the thing wrongly so I will take it off and put it back in the correct way and see if it then closes by itself. I think I may have made a bit of a pratt of myself here but we sometimes learn by our mistakes!!..Thanks to all that responded.............John