Sand Filter question??

Hi again!

Its that time of year to maintain the pool and i am hoping i have more luck than last year!!!

We are about to change the sand in our filter, we have emptied it out and cleaned and done all the checks on the laterals etc we are about to add the sand. We bought the sand last year and got two different grades, one bag of course and 3 bags of fine, we have forgotten which order to add them in????can anyone help please????

J

Barbel Bob,

The gravel or course sand goes on the bottom to cover the laterals approx 100 mm bed, then the fine grade on top.

When you need to change it next time maybe consider AFM from Dryden Aqua, the most technologically advanced filter medium there is and you will probably only need to buy it once. Sand is cheap but that is it's only plus point and it has had it day as far as producing quality water. 

Have you bought any flocculent, worth buying to help the filter out.

I have been considering changing the sand one day... I looked at the Dryden Aqua site but gave up trying to find - how much it will cost.

There was tonnes of stuff but it all seemed very commercial water treatment orientated.

Hi Osie, They are set up for the larger commercial installations, there is a wealth of information under the swimming pool tab on the site. I am going to be picking some up and bringing it over next week. Like sand it comes in 25kg bags so easy to handle. If you let me know how much you would need I can give you a price via PM.

[quote user="osie"]I have been considering changing the sand one day... I looked at the Dryden Aqua site but gave up trying to find - how much it will cost.

There was tonnes of stuff but it all seemed very commercial water treatment orientated.
[/quote]

Osie

Ive sent you a PM about Zeolite so that you can consider the benefits of all the options to improve your filtration.

Andrew

[quote user="teapot"]If you let me know how much you would need I can give you a price via PM.[/quote]

Hi Teapot,

Could you pm me also, require 125kg, do you also sell Zeolite? Interested in comparision. Which one would you recommend please?

Apero

[quote user="Apero"]

[quote user="teapot"]If you let me know how much you would need I can give you a price via PM.[/quote]

Hi Teapot,

Could you pm me also, require 125kg, do you also sell Zeolite? Interested in comparision. Which one would you recommend please?

Apero

[/quote]

My learned colleague Teapot would recommend AFM

And I would recommend Zeolite Zel- Eau

For much the same reasons, similar results (some differences), and much the same ..........!

Andrew