Poolguy re: your website.

Ysatis

Hi Poolguy,

I have a small problem with your website. I can't get it to come up. I constantly get the 'loading' message which continually flashes. I tried yesturday and today, but still no success.

Is it just me?  Has anybody else had the same problem?

Regards.

[quote user="Ysatis "]

Hi Poolguy,

I have a small problem with your website. I can't get it to come up. I constantly get the 'loading' message which continually flashes. I tried yesturday and today, but still no success.

Is it just me?  Has anybody else had the same problem?

Regards.

[/quote]

Sorry to be a pain... we are just changing server, there were many problems with the old one.I don't know if the change has affected yet, seems to be a haphazzard affair depending on AFNIC

New server is also enabled to see the site with Mozilla (I hope it works)

New websites coming too to broarden the information bank, hope that you like them and thanks for looking.

Regards

Andrew

Hi,

Well I have tried again with no luck. Internet Explorer has always been a pain for me, takes ages to load up and this time a message keeps coming up saying something about a 'path' and 'connection', but means nothing to me. Mozilla and Firefox are foreign to me to. As you've probably gathered, I'm useless with pc's. Nevermind.

I'll keep trying.

Hi,

We are on broadband (in England). I'm not having much luck at all. This may need to be moved to the computer section. LOL.

Each time I go to go on IE I get a message saying

'Cannot find file. :///c:/program %20files/aol%20.toolbar/welcome.html' 'Make sure the path or internet address is correct'.

Now I'm not sure what this means. I have aol running (minimized) at the same time, but have tried it without and still get the same message. I close this message (each time it pops up) and then it looks as if IE is going to come up, which it sort of does but it continually says 'connecting', but never does. I leave it for ages. Once or twice I have closed it and get a message 'to help protect your computer, windows has closed this program'.

Well this morning I uninstalled the IE that was on my pc, then went on AOL and downloaded IE8, thinking this would solve my problems. But no, I still get the same (1st) message and continually says 'connecting'. I'm at a loss. I always use AOL, hardly ever IE, even though a few months ago I went on it and it was fine. I'm not having any problems surfing on AOL, just poolguy's site, well at the moment.

So what's the problem? Have I done something accidently that I don't know about.

Any advice gratefully received (in very simple language) please.

Whehay! Poolguy's website has now come up, on AOL anyway. Still have probs with IE.

I daren't close it now just in case it doesn't come up again. LOL. I'm not sure how long it took to load because I minimized it when I saw 'loading', and came back to it.

Thanks to all of you for replying.