Question re Inactifs.

Our sons have two apartments in France. We as the parents do all the work looking after the apartments, looking for renters, filling in the tax returns, dealing with repairs etc. Naturally we do not charge our sons a fee. They pay income taxation on the profits each year.

I wonder if we started a business of managing apartments and get our sons to be the first customers, would that kind of income entitle us to be considered as active and thus avail of the CMU.

If so how much would it cost us in terms of payments to the French authoroties on an income of say €11,000 PA. I can compute the income taxation costs but am at a loss in how to determine the social costs.

ams

My response pasted from another, less appropriate thread (now deleted there)

Well obviously you realise what it means literally! 

How the French government and its vaious bodies will interpret it as regards thee and me is another matter.  Broadly I would say that in this context it means :Anybody who is neither working nor running a business, nor in reciept of a state, old-age retirement pension or other benefits which would entitle them to healthcare paid for by their own country.

Rental income would appear to be treated as an inactive activity, and therefore is income that excludes one from joining the CMU. I wonder if it would be possible to form a company or business such as a limited company, SARL etc, that would charge a fee for providing services such as gardening, management, taxation, financial, maintenance and repairs etc. If so would income derived directly from a rental business enterprise be regarded as inactive. If not could one avail of the micro provisions and write off 60% of the income under the set provisions.

ams