Thankyou Cooperlola and co

I'm lucky, I seem to benefit from 3 clauses, already member of CMU. five years and ALD (change de vie) contracted after arriving in France. One half of me wants to raise a glass of champagne to Coops and co for  helping us continue our life in France. Sadly the other half of me is still worried about others who are still worried about their position.

But well done everyone, I'm certain that the continued lobbying has helped ameliorate the situation for many of us.

Although these changes don't effect Jenny or I, too old or too ill to have to worry about E106s now, I've seen the anxiety they have been causing to people that we know and I hope that some of them can finally rest easier.

I know one of the people involved in the campaign socially and also know that their OH has been going through a great deal recently, health wise.  It's a mark of good people when they can deal with that sort of thing not knowing what the outcome is going to be and still find the time to help people that they only know through an internet forum because they think it's the right thing to do.

Well done all round and especially to the person and their OH who I'm not naming to avoid embarrassment.

Like Tony, they don't affect us directly but I must add my praise for the massive efforts shown by Debs, Clair, Ron and others. I'd still like to believe that it will turn out right for all in the end but thats probably just me , the eternal optimist.

Well done to all of you.

Gary.

Our thanks also for all the hard work.

I can't imagine how many hours you collectively have put into this and it is greatly appreciated

I've said it before but you make me proud to be British and "hopefully" lucky enough to live in France.

Warmest regards to everyone thats contributed to the fight for justice and fairness

Let the fight continue for the E106'ers, particularly for those who have committed their savings into their life here

I'm dusting off my Plan B, but I'll save that debate for another day.

We are off to the UK soon for Christmas with the family and to remind me why we want to live here.

Joshua[:D]

We would also like to extend our very grateful thanks to the entire team, including the very shy contributors.

The hours of work they have put into the campaign has been admirable, exhausting and frustrating at times, often being met with brick walls, and then criticism!

And, they have taken this on, despite having their own lives and problems to deal with, and completely unfunded from outside sources, just the compulsion that these changes were unfair and unjust.

The superbly factual, informative and professional website is a major triumph, and has provided support and advice for everyone affected, and also has an astonishing amount of useful points of reference/contact/lobbying and links, a huge credit to one and all.

We are still in the dark, being potential future residents, myself with pre-existing conditions, but we are sure that the campaign will go on.

I have been in awe of their resilience and determination, and both of us would like to publicly say:

Following on from Bugbear's thank you thread, I would also like to add my thanks and say thank you. Unfortunately, it does affect us but I knew it would from the start. We haven't made the move yet, and won't for a while, a much longer while now with the cost of full private insurance. However, I am very happy about the outcome.  I can only imagine the relief of those of you that are already resident particularly those with pre-existing conditions. Very happy news!

Well done Cooperlola, Claire, Ron and all of the others involved.  If it wasn't for you bringing this to the attention of the powers to be, chances are this would not be the case. [B]

A really big thanks to all who worked so hard on this problem. I know that many people got involved to a greater or lesser degree in gathering info & lobbying. All those voices added up to a mighty clamour that could not be ignored & finally made the French Authorities honour thier obligations under EU law.

This issue has proved that a concerted & just campaign can make a difference. If we had not campaigned then this callous government would have expelled us all from the health system without a second thought. Unfortunatly for them, the Internet puts power & information in the hands of the citizens making it all but impossible to keep us in the dark anymore. The ability to communicate quickly & gain access to organizations, elected representatives & people who can help is a powerful weapon against the excesses of unthinking governments.

Knowledge is Power, I forget who said it but it worked