Get Your Permanent Resident Card

Hi,

We live in the area covered by Angouleme prefecture. Our neighbours, who have lived here for over 5 years, applied for thier permanent resident card through our local Marie in Benest several months ago. They have now just recieved them via the Marie.

They had to supply the same documents as for the Carte/Titre de Sejour & the secretary filled out the form with them. A lot simpler than going to the prefecture at Angouleme.

I will be applying for mine in May, just to cement my entitlement to equal treatment with French nationals.

Tony

ww.charente-limousine-exchange.com

Sorry.  On the link I posted, this paragraph:

L'obligation d'enregistrement en mairie des citoyens de l'Union européenne, d'un autre Etat partie à l'accord sur l'Espace économique européen et suisses s'applique aux seules personnes entrées en France après l'entrée en vigueur d'un arrêté qui doit fixer le modèle de l'attestation d'enregistrement délivrée. 

suggests that there will be new documentation for registration at the mairie, which should be enough to prove residence to CPAMs et al in the future.  However, the statement quoted was published last year and still no sign of the said "attestation d'enregistrement".  I was simply wondering if it had at last appeared.  But it seems not.

Thanks, Tony.