Translation of birth certificates for CMU

I have received a letter today from CPAM asking for our birth certificates so they can issue our Carte Vitales and also saying Cette piece doit etre authentifiee, et le cas echeant, traduite.  Does this mean we have to get it translated or do they accept English as a standard language!

We had to obtain certified translations for our marriage certificate and Mr Clair's birth certificate for his carte de séjour, but they were not necessary for his Carte Vitale.

Should they request them, your mairie or préfecture should have a list of certified translators.

At the time of putting the whole thing together, I asked for photocopies of the translations at the mairie and they certified these, so I was able to keep the translations we had paid for.

Have I got the translation correct, are they asking for translations?  The whole paragraph reads,

Je vous remercie de bien vouloir me faire parvenir le present courrier accompagne:

d'une copie integrale de l'acte de naissance avec filiation complete, lisible, precisant le commune, le department ou le pays de naissance.  Cette piece doit etre authentifiee, et le cas echeant, traduite.

Just for information we went to the CPAM on Monday.  The information they required was a full birth certificate including details of parents names and occupations.  Luckily I had one of these but my OH didn't.  He only had a half certificate giving his name, date of birth and where he was born.  This was not accepted and we have had to apply for a full b.c. from UK.  No translation needed!