Received a letter from CPAM today, has anyone else had one similar?

Can I just check something please?

We paid to Urssaf the 2nd/3rd/4th trimestre for 2007.  The 2nd and 3rd payments were exactly the same but the 4th payment was more than double the other two - is there any reason why this would happen and is it normal?

We are in the process of changing CPAM departments, we've been told by the old Dept that we'll be able to continue paying cotisations etc. but have been told by the new Dept (Perigeux) that we can't.   We know they have got this wrong and are trying to sort it out, but meanwhile should we contact Urssaf to make sure we don't get behind with 2008 payments?   I suppose the problem will be that until the CPAM have accepted our CMU de B and started the process off, Urssaf in Dept 24 won't have anything to do with us.

Just when we thought it had all been sorted.....................................[:@]

Mogs, you have asked this before and I thought it had been answered.

The URSSAF assess your income in October from tax return information you supply to CPAM.

The first payment based on this October assessment is the 3rd trimestre in October. The first two quarters of the year are based on your previous year's tax returnincome assessment.

Your payments in April and June 2007 were based on your 2005 earnings and the last two,  October 2007 and February 2008 on your 2006 return.  The first two 2008 payments in April and July will also be based on your 2006 tax return and then for October 2008  and February 2009 on your 2007 tax return.  It is believed that from next year you will not have to provide this information to CPAM as it will be taken straight from the income tax system, but whether that will happen is not known.

so, if you are paying by preleve, all your payments for 2007 will have been made.  The next one is April, 1st trimestre 2008, again based on your 2006 tax return.  If your third payment in October was different to your 4th one in February, either URSSAF did not take the third one as you may have been out of the CMU at the time or there is an error, so check what has been actually taken and if you think there is an error contact the URSSAF.

I am really sorry to come back to this but our situation has not improved, thanks to the right hand not telling the left hand what they are doing, and for my own lack of filing an important piece of paper in the correct place.

By that I mean that our old dept. sent us the letter as per the original posting on 25/02 but the new dept that we are completing all the paperwork with has refused to accept our continuation.

Owing to my own stupidity I have mislaid the letter from Dept 22 which I have quoted in the beginning of the thread.   Tomorrow I am meeting with a French friend who has kindly offered to phone both Depts. to try and sort this out for me, but I feel I really need that original letter.   I have asked for another copy today, but I don't think it will arrive by tomorrow.  

Can anyone post a copy of this letter (leaving out any personal info) please?  Of course the letters seem to be a bit different, but if anyone has one that appears to say the same as mine I would be grateful for   your  help.

with thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there.  Our E106 expired January 08.  We applied for CMU in February as soon as we knew we were eligible once again.  Our application was swiftly rejected.  In late February we appealed and in early March we received a phone call from CPAM Agen (47) informing us that "the law had changed and we were now eligible."

Today, we received our Attestation in the post.  Furthermore, we are only being charged from 1 April.

Many thanks on our behalf to Cooperlola and the French Health Issues team for all their legwork and dissemination of information. This has been much appreciated.

Another notch on the CPAM bedpost.

Wahay, more good news.

However, it begs the question as to what happens to people who have had to pay for treatment in the meantime, as this appears to mean that Agen are not honouring the right to be admitted from the E106 expiry date.  Fine if you had interim insurance or were not ill; not so good if not.