Query about maternity charges

Me0wp00

The hospital gave me the first of many forms to send off to CPAM and CAF and this was when I was nearly 15 weeks pregnant.
I have today had my new attestation which says *100% sauf mdic 35% du 15/04/2004 au jour d'accouchement*
From this I'm reading that i'm covered for 100% except medical at 35% until day of birth.
Can anyone explain this please ?? The hospital told me I wouldn't pay for any further scans, check ups, blood tests or for my delivery and stay in hospital after the birth.
Does anyone know what I will actually be covered for or where I can find out??
Thanks
Pippa

Hello Pippa,

It looks to me as though the CPAM is going to cover you 100% for your maternity costs except for some mild medication. It is quite possible that you are, or will be, taking medication to make life a bit more comforable and this is likely to be covered 35% by CPAM because by definition it is/will be "comfort" drugs that are involved.

As a general rule I would advise pregnancy/mmaternity costs can be covered 100% particularly for costs related to delivery and complications. However I think it prudent to expect around 95% coverage to take into account such things as "comfort" drugs or if, for example, more ante-natal visits than normal are required for the expectant mother. And the cost of a private room will not be met either by CPAM.

Your "mutuelle" should pick up these extra charges but because of the possibility of these extra costs, albeit quite minor, you can see why they apply a waiting period before meeting such claims.

But on the whole you seem to be in pretty good shape (in more ways than one!).

Regards

Peter Owen
[email protected]

• 1 month later...