E106 & Newcastle

Briank

Has anyone else had problems with receiving post from Newcastle. My husband's E106 has run out and in order to have him included on my carte vitale we need a letter from Newcastle stating that they will not extend his E106. I phoned them on 25/3 and after much complaining that France is the only country in EU requiring this information they said they would send out a letter immediately. I phoned again on 5/4 as no letter had been received and was told that it was being dealt with that day. I phoned again on 16/4 and was told that it had been sent on 6/4 but they didn't use Royal Mail but a private company and it usually took a week to arrive but they would send a copy. Now 24/4 and we haven't received either of the letters. Has anyone else had these problems with obtaining this letter. I can't imagine we are the only people who require this information.
Thank you. Jan

Get them to Fax it to you, they prefer faxing both ways as I discovered when I did not get the promised info and had to fax over the copies of my form and they faxed back the info. If you don't have a fax, just e-mail me (look in my profile) as you can use my fax number and I will e-mail it to you (no charge of course).

Hope that this helps

Di

If you ever receive the letter ,have a look at the postmark,(we were only talking about this the other day) I am sure they come via Zurich! If it isnt them, then it is one of the other government depts(disability/child benefit)

Hello,

I agree with Iceni that faxing seems to be a better bet. It usually results in a quicker response. Not all CPAM offices will require you to obtain a letter rejecting an extension of E106 and will accept the expiry date. With E Forms the typically 70% of health costs met by the state are ultimately, in the case of Brits, paid by the UK government, It is not surprising therefore that the French will want to exhaust every possibility of continued affiliation via E Forms.

Regads

Peter Owen
[email protected]

Many thanks for help, the letter arrived today three weeks after posting and yes it did come from Switzerland. Surely this can't be the cheapest way to send post to France and it certainly isn't the quickest!
Jan and Brian