Gaps in front teeth, or no teeth

Teamedup

I do know about how few dentists there are in the UK these days, however, in spite of that, I personally don't know of anyone over there, who has huge gaps in their teeth at the front or no teeth at all, as in not getting false ones when all the others have gone.

And yet quite a few people I know here, have missing teeth at the front, or none at all. The most shocking of the people I know with no teeth is a woman in her early forties.

I suppose I have been feeling more aware of this because I have to get a front tooth crowned and may end up having a gap for a few days and had been sort of dreading it...... but would anyone notice, I now wonder.

Oh, don't, I've stopped looking but couldn't believe the state of peoples' teeth here and don't think anything has improved. And while I cope with the details of peoples' gruesome illnesses the very mention of dentistry and I'm off...

Last night there was a programme on BBCTV about this topic, but from the opposite point of view. Because of the shortage of NHS dentists in uk there are now thousands of toothless or gappy people in uk who are either resorting to diy dentistry ie pliers or making a trip over to France to get the work done cheaper than in uk. Special dental group trips are also arranged to places like Prague and other capitals of the new Europe. Pat.