E111 or health card

Alma

Yet another query from my friend (was I right to get involved.!!)

She is currently using E111 which I understand is valid until end of this year.

She draws her money from her ex's account in U.K. via machine each month so if she went for her carte vitale would this be enough proof of income. And would this be the only proof she would need?

Or if she signed on with ANPE and got a job would she then be covered with her security sociale number and carte vitale. Perhaps this would be the easier option for her under her circumstances (which believe me are very complicated).

Her french is non-existant, hence me becoming the problem solver!

>
>
>
>
> Or if she signed
>on with ANPE and got
>a job would she then
>be covered with her security
>sociale number and carte vitale.

>
> Her french is non-existant,
>hence me becoming the problem
>solver!

Having had experience of dealing with brits trying to get work via the ANPE and them hardly being able to string two words of french together, I'm afraid your friend stands very little chance of finding work here except in very poorly paid and mundane jobs like abbatoirs,chicken processing plants etc. Our local ANPE gave up with people contacting them inthis situation because they could not make themselves understood,let alone the brit applying for an interview with a prospective boss and so unfortunately I ended up giving them the bad news. If she is extremely lucky and does get employment, the employer will insist she registers with the local CPAM to cover them and they in turn will issue a Carte Vitale but it takes a lot of paperwork and time to sort out and I know from experience of working myself. I'm sorry to be so brutal but your friend needs to face the reality of trying to survive in what is an alien culture to the UK where work,social charges and general day to day living are concerned.

In principle the E111 should provide her with no cover whatsoever, it is for emergency treatment for those whose stay in France is not expected to exceed three months.
She should get in touch with the DSS in Newcastle for advice, if you look through the archives there is a lot of advice - I am not familiar with the system but understand from others' postings that she may qualify for an E106 which will provide cover, if not she would need a letter from Newcastle saying she has no cover in order to register with CPAM.

Well as has been said, she and her children are not covered for other than emergency treatment. She must get onto Newcastle and her CPAM, ASAP.

I've heard of the E111 called holiday cover, if people bear this idea in mind, maybe they would use their noddles and realise that in real life moving residence to another country means that something other than holiday cover is required. Also she will need a mutualist, being covered by the CPAM certainly does not cover anything.