Ophthalmologist

SaligoBay

What is it with these guys?   Everyone's talking about waiting months for an appt.  Even Teejay said "within a month", which is still a lot longer than you usually have to wait for appts in France.

Some people were talking about them today, one lady phoned in June for an appt, and the first one she could get was this week.

Are there just not enough of them?  Why not? 

Yep,

Sounds about right. I have waited six months would you believe for my daughter. She has a strabismus (sp) - we've also had two ops cancelled due to the nature of daughter getting a sore throat within the 3 week pre-op time - twice!

We are still waiting for the next scheduled date.  They are a rarity there was only one paedeatrice ophthalmologist in Grenoble which habits quarter of million people!

If only I'd trained to be one or a plumber......
Deby

Same problem here in the sunny North.  My OH has terrible eyesight so needs to visit the ophtham.....one of those.  His regular one retired.  He had a problem and was very lucky to get a RDV with one in Loudeac - who has since retired.

However, he phoned the opticians and he was told they could do it.  They decided his glasses were far too strong and he bought some of those new ones - don't ask me what they do - but you have to keep looking straight ahead or turn your head etc to keep on an even balance.    Progressive?  Anyway, he was falling about all over the place!  Laugh?  Moi?

He wore them from the opticians to the car.....back to the old ones.  He was told if they didn't suit he could take them back too.  He is as bad as me.

We made our appointment last spring and go next week.

Now I won't lie, I could get an appointment within days with one in the nearest local town. Not only does he charge way above the SS bareme but is horrible and very rude and that I could even put up with if I thought that he did a decent job, but I'm not convinced that he does.