E106/carte vitale

Kaf

We have just had our E106 entitlement extended because Graham is working in the UK and paying NI contributions. (Before anyone queries this, Newcastle have confirmed that we should have an E106 and not an E109!)

My query is that on the new "attestation" that we have received today with our updated cartes it says "carte a mettre a jour de preference a partir du 31.3.05"

Can anyone clarify what this actually means please. I think it is something to do with updating but as the E106 gives us cover till Jan 2006, I'm not sure what we need to do, if anything.

Thanks

Karen

You will need to update your Carte Vitale to show your new entitlement.

To do this, you find a "borne" (sort of computer terminal sometimes located in the Mairie or hospital).

To find where your nearest ones are, check the CPAM website at

http://www.ameli.fr/3/RUB/3/homeb.html

Look down the right listing and enter your town where it says "Trouvez une borne Vitale"

Easy peasy!

Then you stick the Carte Vitale in the slot provided and it will more or less sort itself out. When the computer thingy asks if you want a printout, say yes, Carte Vitale have a nasty habit of packing up when perfectly valid! The copy on paper will suffice, if it happens to yours (I speak from experience).

You need to do this after the 31st of March 2005.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all Redcap here!

Not been around much lately, been very busy since taking up residence in france!

Anyway, I have been to the CPAM with my E106 which I think was a temp one, it gave cover up to Dec 05, I have received a temp attestation.

I have now received another E106 which gives cover from Jan 06 - Dec 07.  Do I now return to CPAM with this E106, or just kephold of it until next year before my old one expires? In effect I will have received the full 2 years cover.  Also, my wife received hers first but the CPAM would not include me, saying I had to wait for my own E106.  Now my E106 from 1 Jan 06 - 6 Jan 07 includes members of my family, (my wife at present has cover on her own 106 until Sep 05), how will I get her included on my 106 for the remaining term?

Hope that's not too confusing!

Regards,

Bob

Redcap, I will try to answer part of your problem ,based on my own experience.

When you wifes E106 is due to expire she should receive a letter from Newcastle stating that,with another letter attached for her to take to CPAM. Before she does anything , get her to ring Newcastle (just to check they have got their facts straight.....she may get an extension herself)

If not take the letter to CPAM, they will direct you to the Conventional international dept, take every bit of paperwork you could possibly need,passport , birth/marriage certs etc. Ask for her to be included on your attestation, she will be given a very simple form to complete(YOUR cpam no, that you agree for her to go on your attn etc,yours/her signature) and some copies of certificates et voila....then your wife used your attn no like you do for your children,BUT this paperwork can take some weeks to get through the system so be prepared to wait for an attn with all your names on! Mrs O