E106 Angouleme

Fitzsie

Somewhere in the forum someone posted a list of all the documents that are required when registering with CPAM. Can I find it now? ! I have the E106s, birth certificates, divorce papers & passports. I want to make sure I only have to go once (don't laugh) so could anyone point me in the right direction or let me know of anything else I should be looking for.

Also, has any one had any dealings with CPAM in Angouleme, can they give any tips or advice which could prove useful.

TIA

[quote]Somewhere in the forum someone posted a list of all the documents that are required when registering with CPAM. Can I find it now? ! I have the E106s, birth certificates, divorce papers & passport...[/quote]

You can also add to the list, proof of your residence ie. EDF or France Telecom bill less than 3 months old and a R.I. B. (your bank account details)

[quote]It sounds like you have everything but make sure that your birth certificates are full ones which include parents. We didn't have them and had to get new ones and then go back. Hope this helps.[/quote]

This seems to vary. When we E106 / CPAMed, I only had a short version of my birth certificate. This was accepted without question. (I later ordered the full version from

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificate/index.asp#0

as it seemed sensible to have one 'just in case'). The short version was also accepted when we bought the house here 5 years ago.

However, this is in Manche, Normandy and I think the various authorities have got used to seeing variations of UK paperwork because of the high level of home owners / residents. It may be different in areas where there aren't as many British. Though, Angouleme is borderline Dordogne, isn't it?

As someone else said, I'd take an EDF bill too! In fact, we always travel with one now. I'm reasonably confident that if I ever lose my passport in the UK, I'll be allowed back into France if I wave an EDF bill.

We had no problems with getting the E106 sorted but when that ran out a year later we had problems at Angouleme.  A total of four visits were required before they would tell us every document required.  They appear to be very helpful on the surface but I think are justifying their jobs in many cases.

We speak good french but I understand when you book in at reception you can ask for someone who speaks English.

Good luck

.....but if you do go to Angouleme, we've alway found them extremely helpful and the whole 106 process a couple of years ago for us was very quick.

We saw them the other day as our carte vitales (with CPAM) have expired and they wanted to know whether we were renewing them (we weren't as we have MSA cartes).

I think that they are now accustomed to seeing British people who don't have much French (although my husband's is very good and mine is much better than it was). They seemed really efficient and helpful to me. (The building and furnishings are very pleasant and doesn't have that awfully depressing to it that the DSS buildings have in the UK. Nice view too!)

We have one of those plastic wallet with all our personal documents in (plus photosand rib) and take this whenever we go somewhere official, just in case.

Thanks to everyone who replied. The Birth certificates are OK and I shall certainly be taking the EDF bills etc. I know I may have a slight problem in that after I left my ex I changed my surname to that of my mothers maiden name (nothing sinister - I just love the name!). I have a certified copyof the deed so I shall take that with me as well and see what happens!  Angouleme is only a 20 minute drive away so I think we will still head for the main CPAM office. I guess an early arrival is best! Thxs again to all.