Chicken Pox Immunisation

NoIdea!

Hello

In a few months we are moving to France from Australia. Here in Australia our children have the chicken pox vac at 18 months.  However my 'baby' will be a few months short to receive it at the scheduled time.  I read with interest the 'chicken pox' thread. Does this mean that France does not have the immunisation??????  Is their an english version of the schedule of immunisations that france does anywhere??? Thanks in advance.

There is a vaccination in France, but the french authorities don't believe that it is efficace if simply given to young children. They prefer that it works well if a child is vaccinated within three days of contact with the illness. Maybe you should speak to your doctor about it when you get here.

My 3yr old boy just had chicken pox. But he only suffered a mild temperature for 2 days.

I gave him Pulsatilla every 2 hours and an anti-histamine sirop to stop the itching.

He did'nt scratch anything but I kept him out of the sun in the coolest room.

Chicken Pox seems to be worse here than I remember, more spots and puss.....yuk.

But it's all over and no scars.

Vaccinations may not work 100% as my boy has had it twice now and should have been safe after the first bout.

Jim

Well I did wonder if it was really chicken pox when the size and number of the blisters seemed greater then I remember.

But the first time he had it he was only 3 months old and I understood from our doctor then that he could quite easily catch it again.

He is better now and responded well to the homeopathy and anti-histamine. Only really three days of hell when it was 38 degrees in the shade.

Are german measles symptoms similar?

Jim

German measles can be very mild, in fact many people do not know they have had it, but it can be nasty too, its not usually pussy though.

I am surprised your son didn't have natural immunity at 3 months but I know it can happen. Poor you ! Poor him !!

Watch out for measles, my daughter was very poorly with that despite having her MMR. In fact I think without the injection she may have been in hospital.

It might be worth having immunity tests at a later date ?

These days in the UK everything comes under 'virus' so things are a 'chicken pox like virus', a 'measles type virus' etc.....you are lucky to get a clear diagosis.

all 3 of our children have had chicken pox and have not had any problems with any of them.  Seems to be a common child hood illness thatmost children get at some stage and normally once over and done with we can breath a big sigh of relief, although i have been told my numerous medical people that although very very rare to get it twice, it is possible.  I initially though years ago it was a myth you can get it twice but now have been informed otherwise.  My youngest had it her in france only 5 weeks ago and the chemist wasn't prepared to give me anything for the spots until i had seen a doctor here in France, so out came the faithful calomine.  A few have scarred at the moment but should fade to next to nothing shortly.  Joy of kids hey??

This is making me feel really old. When I was small, and another kid in our village had chickenpox, measels, mumps, german measels etc our mums used to take us to see the infected kid in the hope that we would catch the disease and thus gain immunity to it in later life. It sort of worked for me, except that catching chickenpox didn't, as the old wives' tale suggested it would, stop me getting shingles in later life. In fact I got it twice - the second time here in France when it was a classic case of coming out of the doctor's with far more ailments than you thought you had when you went in.

At least I got given a very expensive shingles remedy indeed in France (rather than the herpes ointment I was prescribed, and was very embarrassed about collecting, in England) which has probably absorbed all of my cotisations and topup insurance payments for the past two years.

It isnt really given in the UK either and for good reason , if you vaccinate against it, the vaccine is not permanent therefore you may pick it up as an adult when you get worse symptoms.  It is also not 100% effective and the child may pick up an atypical version of chicken pox and suffer far worse. Honestly it is a harmless childhood disease just go with the flow.

The vaccinations are far worse and have awful things in them, that I wouldnt inject into my child.