E106 and Carte Vitale in Lot et Garonne

ESB

My experience was that my E 106 was issued in May 2003 and was valid until January 2005.  In December 2003  I got a letter from DWP saying that it was no longer valid.  I phoned Newcastle who said that it was a computer error and to ignore the letter, the original E 106 was still valid. In December 2005 I had not received a letter telling me that the E 106 was expiring (ed)  which I needed to get entry to the CMU and was told by Newcastle that these letters were no longer issued, others reported on here at the time that they had received their letters without asking.  As you can see we all have different experiences. What is important for the OP as Clair said,  is that he/she has an attestation,  the card is a means of payment, clinics, hospitals etc want to see the attestation, that tells them what rights you have, not a Carte Vitale which may not have been kept up to date.

Thanks for the post Les. I was feeling a bit miffed that I was the only one in 47 not getting the CV. With 3 young kids (one with special needs) the Attestation takes quite a pasting and so often we are asked for the CV. Roll on next year when I register and will get the real thing.

Can I thank all the others who posted on this thread and managed to understand the "complex question" I posed. [:D]