Costs associated with buying a small piece of land

I would like to buy a small piece of non-constructible land, approx. 2,000 sq. metres., from a neighbour in E. Brittany.

Before approaching them I would like some idea of costs.

Does anyone have any idea of  a) the  going price for rural land?

b) notaire`s charges for buying and selling (assuming I also pay the vendor`s fees ) ?

and

c) cost of geometre expert?

Are there any other costs ?

In 2009 the official price of non constructable arable land Brittany was €4070/hectare for grassland €1990/hectare, the cheapest in France as it happens.

Will PM you a link to the info as posting it here will likely result in a squeezing of the gonads !

It's the notaires fees, but more importantly all the sort of land registry charges that will be dear. I suggest you ask your notaire to give you an idea of the price. We bought 2-300 sq meters next to our land and these fees cost a lot more than the land.

[quote user="AnOther"]In 2009 the official price of non constructable arable land Brittany was €4070/hectare for grassland €1990/hectare, the cheapest in France as it happens.

Will PM you a link to the info as posting it here will likely result in a squeezing of the gonads !

[/quote]

Third party recommendations are allowed, as always....[:)]

Cassie

you might not actually need a geometre, if what you are buying is one or more complete parcels on the cadastral plan. If my experience is anything to go by, the geometre doesn't even get out of bed for less than €1,000, and that was for a tiny patch and just a couple of bornes.

Of course, you might subsequently want to have the bit you have bought formally marked out by the geometre, but I think the geometre's cost will be much the same whether you have it done at the time of the purchase or later.

Good luck!

[quote user="cassie"]

I would like to buy a small piece of non-constructible land, approx. 2,000 sq. metres., from a neighbour in E. Brittany.

Before approaching them I would like some idea of costs.

Does anyone have any idea of  a) the  going price for rural land?

b) notaire`s charges for buying and selling (assuming I also pay the vendor`s fees ) ?

and

c) cost of geometre expert?

Are there any other costs ?

[/quote]

The notaire's fees will depend on the cost of the land as agreed by you both but will be likely to be at least 1000 euros. The geometre may well be less than that - the one we used to use charged about 200 euros per borne.