Preparation H withdrawn in France?

JohnRoss

For some reason it seems that Chemists (Pharmacists) here in France have stopped supplying Preparation H, they tell me that it is just not available, and I have to order it on-line from the UK with additional costs for postage of course. I have tried several in the area (Deux Sevres) and they all say the same. It was recommended to me by a surgeon in the UK some years ago.
Does anyone know why it has been withdrawn here? Is it because the French are pushing only their own products which in my opinion are not as good? I have found one or two French on-line suppliers but more expensive than the UK even including postage. Have there been recently published contra indications for the use of this product? Surely it is not just because some women put it on their faces to get rid of wrinkles! ...................JR

Pierre yes I think that Nomitive Determinism is a more accurate description than Aptonym though one is not sure. For example: "The term Nominative Determinism was first introduced in 1994, when it was noted that a paper in the British Journal of Urology on incontinence was authored by J.W. Splatt and D. Weedon!" ....................JR