Mammogram - different departments

sueyh

I have to go for my yearly Mammogram. I live in Pas de Calais and had my last mammo in the Somme. Is it allowed for me to still do this as I understand there has been a change in cross department rules. I may have got it wrong - of course!

Thanks

Suey

I'm not sure what you mean about "a change in cross department rules".

If this is done as part of the bi-annual prevention scheme (dépistage organisé du cancer du sein), there should be a list of radiographers included with the letter, but you should be able to visit whichever you prefer.

The results are double-checked, a copy sent to you and to your GP and the costs are reimbursed at 100%.

http://www.ameli.fr/assures/offre-de-prevention/vos-rendez-vous-sante/adultes-et-seniors/le-depistage-organise-du-cancer-du-sein_lot.php

If this is not done as part of the prevention scheme, ask your GP to prescribe a mammogram (mammographie) and the usual costs and reimbursements will apply.

Thanks Clair but its not a bi-annual, because of family history its been recommended that I have them annually (I am 49 so not in the scheme yet for the bi-annual). My doctor has already done the script for it, so I will try the Somme radiology place as its quite close.

Suey