PHI costs

andypandy

My wife and I plan to move to France late in 2011, we will live off my private pension and neither of us will have reached state retirement age. So at some point we will need to buy full health insurance. What i'd like to know is what kind of figures are we talking about. I could get a quote but i'd like to find out first what people are actually paying.

It obviously would depend on age and any health issues, my advice is, to create a new email address with GMail or similar, you can then delete this address  after your quotes come back, otherwise you will get spam forever from these online companies.

I doubt whether many established members of this forum have full PHI as many of us have been here since before the cut-off date for needing it.  Purely as an example, HERE IS EXCLUSIVE HEALTHCARE'S brochure which lists their costs for all age groups.  They may not be the cheapest or indeed the best (I wouldn't want to appear biased towards any one company) but at least it will let you know roughly what you'll expect to pay.  Hope this helps