Moving to France with an infant.

Pop09

We are moving to France from South Wales (UK) in January 2010. We already have 2 children aged 9 & 6 and are expecting our 3rd child at the end of October. Our main concerns are around the ease and quality of infant healthcare and what we need to do to ensure we are eligible (We will be taxpayers in France but potentially not for the first couple of months) as the baby will only be 2/3 months old. My initial feelings are that it will actually be easier and of a higher standard than we currently receive in the UK but any thoughts and advice would be appreciated....

[quote user="Pop09"]We are moving to France from South Wales (UK) in January 2010. We already have 2 children aged 9 & 6 and are expecting our 3rd child at the end of October. Our main concerns are around the ease and quality of infant healthcare and what we need to do to ensure we are eligible (We will be taxpayers in France but potentially not for the first couple of months) as the baby will only be 2/3 months old. My initial feelings are that it will actually be easier and of a higher standard than we currently receive in the UK but any thoughts and advice would be appreciated....[/quote]

What do you base this opinion on?

Much health care in France is good, but the system works in different ways.

Hi Pop09,

Congratulations on the impending arrival and the move.  We need a bit more information to be able to advise you, will you be employed, starting a business, looking for work?

Overall, infant health care is brilliant.  I had both my children here - they are now 5yrs and 2 yrs so I have recent first hand knowledge of it, although nothing to compare it with in the UK.  My youngest has had a health issue since birth (pre birth to be precise) and we have had excellent follow up care, even though it now appears all is well.

Give us a few more details and I am sure we can be more helpful regarding your specific situation.

Regards

Ladoix