Carnet de Sante - how do I get one.

Tonypowell2

According to David Hampshire's "Living & Working in France", one gets a 'Carnet de Sante' for your child from the Mairie. However we have been up to ask and the clerk said they don't issue them, though they are dealing with our Titre de Sejour applications.. Any idea where we get one from? She is 13 and about to start school in Plouescat (29).

Your local Socio Mdico office should be able to issue one for you and you can get all your jabs free there. Our local hospital in Morlaix has such an office situated in another road and they have a free clinic one wednesday in each month. This book will be asked for time and time again so you really need to get it sorted.

My GP gave me one, and he inked in, signed and stamped all my pencilled notes of vaccination dates.
Pucette (aged 37)

• 1 year later...

Having been successful in getting a job, I have been told to turn up for a medical with my carnet de vaccination!  Help!  Is this the same thing as a carnet de sante.  I've spoken with my old doctor who has infomed me about jabs I've had in the last ten years, but she can't find previous history as they're now computerised and the notes are held elsewhere.  Any ideas?

M

As has been demonstrated on here recently that Hampshire book (like a lot of TV programmes on France)  is so woefully out of date, it does not cover the CMU or the registration with a GP, it is next to useless for health and other key issues.  You are doing the right thing in asking on here what is current practice, .

• 4 years later...