Homeopathy in France

Bluebell

I get mine from the pharmacy, without going to a practitioner, but I have been using homoeopathic products fro a very long time and I know what I want to use.

They order whatever isn't in stock and I have no problem getting hold of anything.

Many thanks for your replies.

I shall have a chat with my local pharmacist about availability of my current remedy (poison ivy) for arthritis and put out some feelers for a GP who offers homeopathic services (in particular I am looking for acupuncture).

BB

Homeopathy and acupuncture are very different treatments, even if they are often used together.

In France, acupuncture can only be practised by a doctor.

Consultation costs vary and are reimbursed as a visit to a GP, (if the practitioner is conventionné) so you must ensure your mutuelle can cover the balance adequately.

You can find a practitioner here: http://www.acupuncteur.org/

I brought all my remedies with me, and so far, have not needed to replace any, but the time will surely come.....

So, could one of you knowledgeable people on here give me a guide to the strengths in France for homeopathic remedies.  I know what 6, 30 etc mean in the UK, but they don't seem to use the same nomenclature here.

Can any one assist???

[quote user="Judith"]I know what 6, 30 etc mean in the UK, but they don't seem to use the same nomenclature here.

Can any one assist???

[/quote]

You'll find homoeopathic remedies are labelled with a CH number.

This refers to centésimale hahnemannienne (Samuel Hanneman is the founder/discoverer/creator of homeopathy).

A CH 2 dilution is obtained by mixing 1 ml of base tincture with 99 ml of alcohol. This dilution, mixed again on a 1 to 99, will dilute CH 2, and so on up to 30 CH.

More details: http://www.hmedicine.com/homeopathy/information/remedy_guide/dilutions

Clair

Thanks, but that didn't quite cut the mustard - I do know all about SH and his potencies, but I was looking for a direct conversion - and this whilst explaining it, didn't give me the direct comparison I know I've seen somehwhere... no matter, I'll keep looking