Health top up

johnycarper

Not sure i can ask this on here but can anyone advise a good top up insurance that is in English as my french is not good enough to understand all the small print.I need to change ours as they are messing us about and are now not responding to calls and emails,we live in France full time and pay tax here.

Thanks,

John

We have used Exclusive Healthcare for years. I have checked other outfits from time to time, but have not found any offering significantly better value - at least not for our (post pension) age group. The market for younger people may be more competitive.

I was talking to an English broker based here in France whom I've known for a very long time.  He works for a French company based in the South and has both French and English clients.  He told me that Exclusive was his most popular insurer and had the most repeat business and the highest satisfaction of all the companies he refers people to.  That's just one opinion and they may give him a lot of business, I don't know, it's up to you to judge.

I too have used them through road accidents and cancer and rate them really highly - the women in the office could not be more helpful.  They may not be mega-cheap but they're not over-priced given that you get a free translation service for the language and the system both!

Thanks for the advice but my broker has managed to get the insurance company to sort it out for us and although the one you quoted looks good I am actually happy with them as they were the best price for a lot of cover. The broker is English that does help a lot when you have problems.

Thanks,

John