Carte Vitale

Panick

In September 2014 we got our temporary social security numbers after our visit to our local CPAM office in May 2014. We have not as yet got our carte vitale though. This may be a stupid question, but do we have to go back to the CPAM office to sort this out, or wait until the next letter comes through?

You could end up waiting forever!

Have you asked for an S1 from Newcastle? This will tell CPAM that (basically) the UK will pay.

Of course, this will only happen if you have entitlement and in this I'm presuming that one or both of you are in receipt of a UK State Pension.

Are you?

Panick wrote : This may be a stupid question, but do we have to go back to the CPAM office to sort this out, or wait until the next letter comes through?

As Guardian says you might be waiting for ever. If it were me I would go to see them or you could ring the English speaking helpline - sometimes they can help.

I have forgotten the number but you can google it.

Edit : from Ameli :

You speak English and you live in France, and need information about your French Health Insurance rights, call our special Advice Line on : 36 46

from France (local call price from fixed-phone line except additional cost imposed by certain operators of fixed or mobile telephony)

+33 811 70 36 46

from foreign countries (call rates vary between operators).

Sue

If you have lodged an S1 the normal procedure is that they issue an attestation to confirm that you are in the system and then at some point after that invite you to submit photos for your carte vitale.

The attestation is usually pretty quick, we got ours in couple of weeks, the invitation for the photos can take anything from a couple of months to never, ours was about 9 months if I recall.

Remember the carte vitale is only a payment convenience, the attestation is the important thing.