Flu: the epidemic is spreading

NormanH

Going back to TB jab, Mint, all the stuff I'm reading indicate that you get a reaction if you've been exposed to TB. Here's a web site (no good with getting the links up) http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tuberculin-skin-tests#1

This says that you get a red bump if you've been exposed to TB

[quote user="minnie"]Going back to TB jab, Mint, all the stuff I'm reading indicate that you get a reaction if you've been exposed to TB. Here's a web site (no good with getting the links up) http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tuberculin-skin-tests#1

This says that you get a red bump if you've been exposed to TB[/quote]

That's very reassuring, minnie and thanks for telling me about this.

Because the testing centre is a long way from my home, our doctor rang the chemist for a tuberculin jab and she gave it to me on my arm.

Then she drew a little circle about the size of a 10-centime coin round the injection site and said that if the reaction exceeded the circle, I had to see her at once.

But I have had no reaction so I shall tell her about it when I next go for my routine asthma preparations.  You have really put my mind at rest, so X ray normal and tuberculin test normal so I hope life continues nice and steady for this year at least!

Gulp.......that sounds like a right old nasty disease.  Given the choice, I think I'd settle for TB!

I am lucky in that I haven't had anything really serious.  The asthma is more of a nuisance and something to be put up with than anything else.

Bonne santé for the new year then, Norman[kiss][kiss](2 of these where I live!)

Well I am back, just about.

I, well we, have probably had the same cold as the Queen. Started just before xmas and has persisted and persisted and persisted. In fact we had our xmas meal yesterday, taste buds now working, or just about. All been very very miserable but not lethal. Feel like I have lost a couple of weeks and sadly missed a very special celebration at New Year that I had  been looking forward to, but that is just how it is.

Brexit, cannot wait. As I in the midst of the french royally ignoring EU rules with threats, and this just illustrates what a despicable institution the EU is. The more I see, the more I loathe and detest it, as I say, we could end up being a lot worse off with it all and I really do not care if that happens. So no, no walkabout, and happy with my position.

Glad it wasn't worse, Idun, although I know how bad you might have been feeling.

We have both had the same Royal illness, struck on 19th December, missed our wedding anniversary, all except a little of Christmas Day and all of New Year. It was really nasty, with the awful hacking cough continuing.

We actually went out yesterday for a proper Sunday lunch at a country pub with excellent cooking and a log fire, had the table right by the fire -very tasty and perfect forthrowing our used tissues into.

Mint, have yet to check my gmail account.   I haven't been on my puter or ipad for ages. Just not enough energy.

Yes, Bonne Annee a toutes et a tous, (which sounds unfortunately like toux and I have had enough of toux'ing to last the whole of 2017[:-))]) ............and when we have had our food treats for the St Sylvestre, it will feel like the new year has started!