Reminder that Edouard Philippe's ....

mint

Yes, thank you, an excellent discussion and clarified in my own mind what I gathered from the PM's statement today.

Delighted that the plan has been voted on and generally approved.  I don't think the different political parties in France, in this instance, have cooperated as well with the government as those in the UK.

Being in the Dordogne, we will be a département vert and I am keeping my fingers crossed that all déroulera smoothly.

You might also be interested in

and also this one which has NOTHING to do with health but is one of the most extraordinary documentaries I have ever seen

Mint

"Being in the Dordogne, we will be a département vert and I am keeping my fingers crossed that all déroulera smoothly."

The green departements haven't been decided yet, but I hope you're right.

We are in the extreme south of 79, within a few kms of the boundaries of 16 and 17; I'm hoping that we will be able to cross into the neighbouring departements, but nothing is finalised yet. I'm so longing to get back on my bike (vélo, that is !).

Sid, I have grounds for hoping that we are a département vert because, the last time I looked a couple of days ago, there was only one single death and fewer than 10 en réanimation in the Dordogne.

I posted about this déconfinement régionalisé and was laughed at by some and opposed by others.  It wasn't my proposal, but that of some heads of départements that have been the least touchés.  Makes sense, if infection is so low, why should we be treated as the Grand Est, for example?

Noman, thanks for the links; might get a chance to watch them this evening after my walk (weather permitting) and the pilates, such as it is, that I have learned from a video.  No idea if I am doing it right but it's been most effective in reducing the waistline.

Excellent that Pilates is having results, Mint.

I was reading yesterday that Croatia and other EU countries with large tourist income are trying to organise green passports, so that EU tourists can travel within the EU and help keep money circulating and save jobs.

The green passports are to prove that tourists don’t have COVID-19, so presumably after a blood test has been taken and a certificate given.

Ugh.....I sure ain't going to Croatia.  What if there were a sudden second wave and I couldn't get back home to France and am stuck in Croatia for 4 months!!!  Doesn't bear thinking about.....

There is an English couple in our village (quite new to our village) who spent winter in Portugal and cannot now come home.  Their house and garden are beginning to look abandoned and very neglected.

[quote user="Gardengirl "]Excellent that Pilates is having results, Mint.

I was reading yesterday that Croatia and other EU countries with large tourist income are trying to organise green passports, so that EU tourists can travel within the EU and help keep money circulating and save jobs.

The green passports are to prove that tourists don’t have COVID-19, so presumably after a blood test has been taken and a certificate given.[/quote]

That's interesting, but how long are these green passports supposed to be good for?  I mean a green passport holder could test negative for the virus and then 3 days later acquire it.  Or is this supposed to be an antibody test to prove the tourist has already had the virus?

It was apparently a preliminary discussion, so a lot to sort out - here’s a link I’ve found, sorry about all the adverts, and ut probably won’t be live, as I’m on my ipad:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1274931/EU-news-summer-holiday-coronavirus-passport-travel-UK-EU-latest-update

[quote user="mint"]
Ugh.....I sure ain't going to Croatia.  What if there were a sudden second wave and I couldn't get back home to France and am stuck in Croatia for 4 months!!!  Doesn't bear thinking about.....

There is an English couple in our village (quite new to our village) who spent winter in Portugal and cannot now come home.  Their house and garden are beginning to look abandoned and very neglected.

[/quote]

[Www] As my single neighbour said, 'imagine if anyone'd had a one night stand and ended up with this person for lockdown'.

In all honesty, I thought that anyone who wanted to get home had been allowed to get home.

I know a lot of people who were away and got home and literally from all over the world, including Doctors, who were needed here.

I am sure that these people will have a tale to tell about it, but everyone I know  managed and I would suspect that the majority of people managed, even it it was 'difficult' or a rather more 'interesting' route than they would normally have taken.