ITV with a Sky card

I recently gave in and bought a Sky card for the Digibox from eBay. All the stations appeared except the ITV ones (apart from ITV news). I have trawled this forum and other internet sites and have tried everything they suggested but to no avail, still no ITV although the panel at the bottom displays ITV London and the programme listings. I have tried maunally setting the frequency and I have also got to the Installer set up screen which shows me that I have good strength and quality on the ITV frequency but still no picture!

Am I missing out on a trick here or did I just buy a moody card?

Any help gratefully received...

Brian

Are you paying for the Sky service? I don't think you can get ITV on free view any more. We have sky and we started getting messages saying that we had to contact a number to contue with the service after a certain date (abaout a year ago). My F-in-law stopped getting ITV here in the UK as well.

You wont receive ITV, C4 or C5 with most cards and boxes bought off ebay, only the very latest cards from the UK still have them on, otherwise they are encrypted just like the premium channels. Still you should have about 50 or 60 channels plus radio not bad for free.

Bob

you still have not replied to the query re if you recieve ch4 & 5.

if you receive these channels but not itv it may be simply a case of adjusting the lnb skew, in which case try rotating the lnb clockwise viewed from thefront of the dish about 10 degrees.