Satellite - CBeebies?

Assume you are talking about Sky.. We have all BBC Channels including bbc 3 and bbc 4 pluc bbc 24 news plus bbc cbeebies.

Are you not receiving them or have you not found them, I think cbeebies is in the 500's somewhere

Bob

Following up my post ... looks like we will need a 'Sky digi box' to receive CBeebies. Any advice on:

* cheapest place to buy one (France or UK)?

* how can I make sure I buy the correct type?

* how easy will it be for me to change over my existing box to the sky one?

Thanks

This 'big sat dsr 8000'  is a digital box and not one of the French analogue boxes?

You don't need a sky type digi box to pick up the BBC channels, if you get BBC 1 -4,  you can get the others, we  even get C Beebies with our French box and when BBC 3 and 4 are not on, it defaults to Cbeebies instead of the blank screen you get on the sky system.

If you are not on the sky system the channel numbers are not the same, we had 450 channels on our Pulsat box, try going through all your channels, if it is not there, you say you had it installed, get the installer back to find it for you.

[quote]We've just had satellite installed, we've got BBC1, 2 and ITV 3 (and various others). I knew we wouldn't have channel 4 and ITV1 etc. but I'd assumed we'd have CBeebies?[/quote]

Cbeebies and CBBC are in the same place as BBC 3 & 4 but in the daytime until 8pm french time. If you can get BBC 3 you must be able to get one of the children's programmes as well (I forget which goes with which). If you have BBC 3 but not BBC4 I suggest you do a rescan.

Liz (29)

[quote]We've just had satellite installed, we've got BBC1, 2 and ITV 3 (and various others). I knew we wouldn't have channel 4 and ITV1 etc. but I'd assumed we'd have CBeebies?[/quote]

Cbeebies and CBBC are in the same place as BBC 3 & 4 but in the daytime until 8pm french time. If you can get BBC 3 you must be able to get one of the children's programmes as well (I forget which goes with which). If you have BBC 3 but not BBC4 I suggest you do a rescan.

Liz (29)

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure on the Satellite question - it says 'Astra 2' on the channel info.

The box is digital.

We've only got BBC1, BBC2 and ITV3 no BBC3 or BBC4.

I'll read through the instructions again and see if I can find any other channels as we 'only' have 100 - I'm assuming from what's been said that there should be more?

Jen

You only need to do a limited rescan. Specifically you need to find the add transponder (channels) menu and input the following details:

Freq 10773 MHz (or 10.773 GHz)

Polarisation Horizontal

Symbol Rate 22000 kB/s (22 MB/s)

FEC 5/6

Depending on the time of day you should find you have added BBC 3 and 4 or CBBC and CBeebies - they may well crop up at the very highest numbers on your channel list.

As has been correctly stated above, the same transport stream is used for the childrens' channels and BBC 3 & 4 - on a Sky Digibox they are assigned separate EPG positions but in reality they are the same "channels".