Trojan flipping horse !!

Can anyone help, or at least tell me where help can be found after a rather bizarre day of receiving virus warnings (14 times so far today !) being picked up by AVG under the banner of Zarox [1].exe.TrojanhorseDropper.Agent.7.L and variations with a very close name and the affected files always ending in "...temporary internet files"

I am deleting them then doing a full scan where it picks up the said virius and I delete it (again) !

The day has been slow on the net every time i have been on to send emails but don't think it is related. Tiscali our server seems to be having a few slow days lately ! we are on broadband as well !

Any clues ?

Hi,
I don't know if the website below is of any use, I've not tried it...I only found it after I'd paid for a similar service!

It appears to be a free virus detector and remover.( many do a free scan but then charge you for removing the little maggots)

http://www.computerrecover.com/spyware-remover/spyware-doctor.html

If I've read it wrong, apologies, the rain woke me up and I'm not really with it!

Being lost and a little paranoid about all this spyware, virus-full emails, etc. as in the other thread "Is this a spoof", can we know that sites, especially being free, such as the one just mentioned, are safe.  Is it really ok to download their stuff? 

After receiving loads of emails, supposedly from Wanadoo, which they weren't, informing me my email account was going to be closed, I received an email from a site offering this kind of online assistance.  This made me wonder who is trying to give you a virus in the first place?

Christine 

This might sound really stupid, but have you emptied your corbeille? I had a problem that sounds very similiar when I had a virus that I had to delete manually. I thought I had deleted it, but it still showed up having apparently moved and eventually I found it in the bin!

Guest CFrost

Hi, had much the same things as you guys, emails from administrators to close account, emails from spyware company and the blessed trojan, picked up straight away and cleaned by mcaffee before any damage done. I too kept getting the same message after deleting said trojan, so I just deleted all emails, emptied the bin, disconnected the internet and ran a full system virus scan. So far, no more probs but still getting upto 10 spam emails from said administrator everyday must try and work out spam blocker to stop them!  It's nice to know we are not alone with these nuisance emails and tojans! If any one has any other ideas, they will greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Kimberley

chadeniers 17

Re: Rogue Spyware Detectors and Removal Software.

Christine, you are right to question much of the software on offer. There is quite a lot of bad software/”sharp practice” going on. False positives then you need to purchase to get rid of said non-existent spyware, even some accusations about some detectors actually installing their own spyware and/or removing other spyware protection when you install them.

There is a review/list of the bad stuff (with reasons why its bad) at http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#products which is probably not complete as it’s a continually moving target. However, software listed there may easily be questionable (and I note that as far as I can see, they are not offering their own software so they probably don’t have too much of a “vested interest”).

Regards

Ian

Miki - I have a feeling that this is spyware of some sort unless you have typed the name in incorrectly. I say this because I have searched for this on the web and not even AVG seem to have any info on it so I don't really know what to suggest.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a problem with trojan swizzor a while ago, had to uninstall messenger, run adware, close down before reinstalling messenger, this did work at the time, but now have same spyware back, and the above system not working this time,

I find the anti virus system ,  f secure. v good, you get 6mnth free trial, prefer to norton,

sharon.

p.s. i don,t keep adware installed as i find it can interfere with anti virus software. just download, run and uninstall.