Ligne Résidence Sécondaire

France Telecom are pushing this as a saving for second home owners.  It provides a facility to suspend your line when you are not there, so saving the standing charge of €13.99 in return for a charge of €4.69 each time you suspend the line.

I have failed miserably to set this up online (the site keeps crashing) and, in spite of having reasonable conversational French, my experience of talking to FT personnel has been daunting.

Has anyone had any success with this?  My first question is whether the facility is available to non-residents or only to residents who will have a principal line as well as the one for the second home.  Maybe as a non-resident I am wasting my time anyway.

Regards,

Chico

This has been discussed on another forum, where some have managed to set it up for their french second homes. They will need proof of your permanent residence, such as a council tax bill, or perhaps the electoral register form.

Have you tried the english speaking line for FT?

0033 155 78 60 56

If calling from within France

0800 36 47 75

Brian.

I looked at this many months ago and as far as I can recall the condition was that you had a France Telecom line for your primary maison.

Having said that I sympathise; the web-site does crash and the english language line is undersupported - the 'on-hold' jingle realy grates after several attempts !

Good luck, and PLEASE correct me if I am wrong.

[quote]This has been discussed on another forum, where some have managed to set it up for their french second homes. They will need proof of your permanent residence, such as a council tax bill, or perhaps t...[/quote]

I agree with on-line problems.  Go into your nearest F.T. shop and request that they set it up there.  Take your passport, and a utility bill for your French residence.  I would suggest you ask for an English speaking member of staff, if one is available.  It is available for non resident second home owners.

• 2 weeks later...

Chico, we've had Ligne Résidence Sécondaire service since we bought our maison sécondaire 4 years ago.  We've never had a primary residence in France.  However, we did not make the arrangements via the website; my husband went to an FT office to set up the service.

You can suspend service up to 3 times a year, for a minimum of 2 months per suspension.  Once your account is established, service can be turned on and suspended via the website.

Since we normally stay in our house twice a year (for about 2 months each time), we find it extremely economical and convenient.

You can get the information about this here

http://www.agence.francetelecom.com/mx/?tp=F&ref=3500&IDCible=1&type=3&donnee_appel=FTASN&id=86951130245308&sv=5-186389_B#le950

But it says minimum suspension 1 month, max 1 year, not more than 6 times a year. And you can organise it on the phone number I posted earlier, which is english speaking.

See below for chapter and verse.

Caractéristiques détaillées

• Pour bénéficier des avantages de la Ligne Résidence Secondaire, vous devez être titulaire d’un Abonnement Principal sur votre ligne. Après souscription au service Ligne Résidence Secondaire votre Abonnement Principal sera transformé en Ligne Résidence Secondaire.
  • La remise en service de la ligne est gratuite et est réalisée pour une durée minimum de 1 mois.
La période de suspension :
  • Votre ligne peut être suspendue pour une durée minimum de 1 mois.
  • La durée maximale de la période de suspension est de 1 an, au delà de cette période votre ligne sera résiliée et le numéro pourra être réattribué à une autre personne.
  • Vous conservez votre numéro de téléphone même pendant la suspension de votre ligne.
  • Vous pouvez suspendre votre ligne jusqu'à 6 fois dans l’année.
  • Lorsque la ligne est suspendue, vous ne payez pas d'abonnement principal.

Souscription : Vous devrez fournir, à l'agence France Télécom dont vous dépendez, une attestation d'assurance indiquant la nature de l'habitation ou un document fiscal précisant l'adresse de la résidence principale. Si vous ne délivrez pas ce justificatif sous une semaine votre commande sera annulée.

Tarifs :

• Abonnement : 13 EUR TTC* (85,27 F TTC) (idem à celui de l'Abonnement Principal).
  • Suspension de la ligne : 4,69 EUR TTC (30,74 FF TTC).
  • La souscription à la Carte France Télécom n’est pas acceptée.

Brian.