telephone dialing/trailer hire

Hi.

Went to visit friend near Veneray-les-laume, could not get through to her home phone from my 'english registered mobile'.Used all sorts of digit combo's including 0033 and nine digits of her number, then dropped the 3 followed by the eight other digits. Where did i go wrong? (confused, me too)!!!!

ALSO anyone know where we can hire a trailer/buy near NICEY, Cote d'or. Long building project.Anyone know approx costs of hire v purchase.?

Again, what a life line this site is, thankyou x million.

John, Well after all these years, I never knew that, thanks. I stand corrected. I no longer have my UK mobile so I can't try it! [:)]

On the trailer question I decided to buy. Everyone seems to have a trailer! If you're planning to do any work yourself a trailer is invaluable and unless you have ready access to borrow one you'll find it very useful. Collecting building materails, taking rubbish to the dechetterie etc. A largish unbraked trailer (Trelgo) cost me 699€.  Watch the weight limit, upto 750kg gross weight you can tow without restrictions, over that weight and it needs its own carte grise and on a French licence I beleive you must have the appropriate category.

When I was first in France with my mobile(UK),I could call French numbers just by dialling the number without any code-suddenly it stopped and on contacting the supplier was told that if I wanted to phone a French number I must use the 0033 code-ie. make an international call intead of a local one!!Guess what-I have just been contacted offering my old facility back for payment of a fee.I got a landline in the meantime so I don't need it.

[quote user="sid"]

A largish unbraked trailer (Trelgo) cost me 699€.  Watch the weight limit, upto 750kg gross weight you can tow without restrictions, over that weight and it needs its own carte grise and on a French licence I beleive you must have the appropriate category.

[/quote]

I think you will have to check your info on that one. I posted this some time ago on the Forum.

A quote from the Code de la Route.

Jusqu'à 500 kg de PTAC, aucun document spécial n'est requis.
Au-dessus de 500 kg de PTAC, la remorque doit avoir sa propre carte grise.

Your French insurance normally covers you to tow up 750 kg without notifying them, if you have a UK licence and want to tow anything heavier than that, let them know and they will alter your insurance accordingly, a UK licence is valid for all the groups stated on that licence.

For a French Licence and weights of vehicles that are permisable, look at the following site.

http://www.code-route.com/remorque.htm